1/1 Photo of Vegetable Ribbons With Turkey Sausage
I made this tonight for dinner, and I feel refreshed. All the comfort without all the guilt. The broth really makes it, I bet even non-veggie eaters will love it! Garnish with a little Romano or Asiago cheese... yum! And it's so quick, I got home with groceries at 5:30 and I was eating in my sweats by 6!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With a vegetable peeler, strip the zucchini and carrots into pasta-like ribbons, set aside.
- 2Bring the stock to a low boil and add the kosher salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and cayenne. Add the sausage and poach for 3-5 minutes.
- 3Remove the sausage and place it under a broiler to brown, about 3 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, add zucchini and carrots to the broth. Once everything is cooked, add the spinach and cook one more minute. Drain and toss the veggies in butter. Place in a bowl and top with sausage slices.
- 5Reserve the broth for further use, it is tasty! Or, leave the broth in for a soup.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Ribbons With Turkey Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (825 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.2
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 4392.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian turkey sausage