Recipe by Korkin'
I made this tonight for dinner, and I feel refreshed. All the comfort without all the guilt. The broth really makes it, I bet even non-veggie eaters will love it! Garnish with a little Romano or Asiago cheese... yum! And it's so quick, I got home with groceries at 5:30 and I was eating in my sweats by 6!
Top Review by Chadmo69
This recipe is great! I made mine with zucchini, yellow squash and carrots. I also used a roasted red pepper chicken sausage. It was delish! My 3 year old son ate it with no problem, even my DH who very much dislikes veggies cleaned his plate. Thanks for posting!
- 1 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 946.0 ml chicken stock
- 14.79 ml kosher salt
- 7.39 ml pepper
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 2 link Italian turkey sausage
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, trimmed
- 9.85 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- With a vegetable peeler, strip the zucchini and carrots into pasta-like ribbons, set aside.
- Bring the stock to a low boil and add the kosher salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and cayenne. Add the sausage and poach for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the sausage and place it under a broiler to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add zucchini and carrots to the broth. Once everything is cooked, add the spinach and cook one more minute. Drain and toss the veggies in butter. Place in a bowl and top with sausage slices.
- Reserve the broth for further use, it is tasty! Or, leave the broth in for a soup.