Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe came from when I was in Weight Watchers during the mid-1990's. The cilantro is the debate at my house as my DH hates it and I love it!
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green chili, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 4 flour tortillas (6-inch diameter)
- Cook the broccoli for 2 minutes in boiling water, drain; set aside--keep warm.
- Whisk the milk and flour in a small saucepan, cook over medium heat, 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the corn, bell pepper, chilies, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, then add cilantro, if desired.
- Spoon 1/4 of the vegetable mixture over HALF of one tortilla, stopping a 1/2-inch from the border, fold the other half over the mixture and press to seal.
- Repeat with the other 3 tortillas and vegetable mixture.
- Place the 4 quesadillas on a sprayed baking sheet and cook 8 minutes at 425°F, or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.