Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Super Food Ideas August 2005
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 1 bunch snake beans, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, finely shredded
- 250 g bean sprouts, trimmed
- 115 g baby corn, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Thai basil, picked
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (I use much less)
- 1⁄3 cup raw peanuts
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- 1 cm piece ginger, peeled chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tamarind paste
- Combine cucumber, snake beans, cabbage, beansprouts, corn and basil in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until required.
- Meanwhile heat oil in wok. Fry peanuts for 1 minute. Transfer to paper towel to drain.
- Using mortar and pestle, pound garlic, chilli, ginger and 1/2 tsp salt into a paste. Add peanuts.
- Crush until coarsely ground. Transfer to bowl.
- Combine tamarind puree with 1/4 cup water. Stir into peanut spice mixture.
- Toss with the salad ingredients prior to serving.