Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another main meal salad from Cooking Light. It says to make sure the bread is dry so that the croutons don't get too soggy.
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups cucumbers, halved, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 4 cups cubed day-old whole wheat bread (12 slices)
- For vinaigrette dressing, combine parsley, basil, olive oil, vinegar, pepper, and garlic, and whisk to combine.
- For salad, combine cucumber, zucchini, red bell pepper, olives, onion, salt, tomato, and tuna in a large bowl.
- Add bread to bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to combine.
This makes a very nice summer salad on a hot day. The presentation is beautiful as well; this dish has great colors! I added the juice of 1 lemon to the dressing, as well as 4 finely chopped kalamata olives and a pinch of kosher salt.