Recipe by Ppaperdoll
Another main meal salad from Cooking Light. It says to make sure the bread is dry so that the croutons don't get too soggy.
Top Review by DeAnna Owens
This makes a very nice summer salad on a hot day. The presentation is beautiful as well; this dish has great colors! I added the juice of 1 lemon to the dressing, as well as 4 finely chopped kalamata olives and a pinch of kosher salt.
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups cucumbers, halved, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 4 cups cubed day-old whole wheat bread (12 slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- For vinaigrette dressing, combine parsley, basil, olive oil, vinegar, pepper, and garlic, and whisk to combine.
- For salad, combine cucumber, zucchini, red bell pepper, olives, onion, salt, tomato, and tuna in a large bowl.
- Add bread to bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to combine.