Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Healthy snack from Australian BH&G Diabetic Living.
Make and share this Vegetable Nachos recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced).
- Cut each pita bread half into 8 traiangles and arrage in a single layer on 2 baking trays and bake for 5 minutes or until pita bread is crisp and set aside on a plate.
- Put the avocado, tomato and 1 tablespoon of the cheese in a small bowl and season with pepper.
- Divide the abocado mixture between 2 small overnproof dishes and push the pita triangles into the mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Put the dishes on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Top with coriander leaves to serve.
I love avocado, tomatoes and cheese so this was perfect for me! I have to admit that I doubled the cheese, but why not? ;) I found that the nachos were browning quicker than the cheese was melting so I popped it in the microwave for a minute. Next time I would back the dip for maybe 10 minutes and served the chips along side. Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks I'mPat! :)
Instead of appetizers we used this to accompany with a bowl of posole -- perfect and wonderful instead of bread. Thanks for sharing!