Recipe by I'mPat
Healthy snack from Australian BH&G Diabetic Living.
Top Review by Nif
I love avocado, tomatoes and cheese so this was perfect for me! I have to admit that I doubled the cheese, but why not? ;) I found that the nachos were browning quicker than the cheese was melting so I popped it in the microwave for a minute. Next time I would back the dip for maybe 10 minutes and served the chips along side. Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks I'mPat! :)
- 1 whole wheat pita bread (wholemeal 42g split through centre)
- 1⁄4 avocado (small chopped)
- 1 tomatoes (chopped)
- 30 g low-fat cheese (30% fat reduced grated)
- ground black pepper (fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup coriander (leaves fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced).
- Cut each pita bread half into 8 traiangles and arrage in a single layer on 2 baking trays and bake for 5 minutes or until pita bread is crisp and set aside on a plate.
- Put the avocado, tomato and 1 tablespoon of the cheese in a small bowl and season with pepper.
- Divide the abocado mixture between 2 small overnproof dishes and push the pita triangles into the mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Put the dishes on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Top with coriander leaves to serve.