Recipe by Village Cafe
A great appetizer or addition to any meal. The colors of this ring are amazing. this can be eaten cold or warm.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Had made this for my finger food buffet for a group I host, & then my son & DIL talked me out of it! Their raves, moreover, have convinced me to make it again sometime FOR MY GUESTS! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 large yellow zucchini
- 2 green zucchini
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 small onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large boil mix crushed garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Slice eggplant width ways and coat with oil mix. Broil eggplant.
- Repeat above step with all vegetables.
- Layer vegetables in a round mould or bundt pan. starting with eggplant, then mozzarella, fennel, peppers then zucchini.
- Turn pan over gently onto serving plate.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve with a pesto or sun-dried tomato sauce.