Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carrot, in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups rice, cold, cooked
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
- Mix to blend well and set aside. Place a small skillet over medium heat. When it begins to smoke, add 2 tablespoons of peanut oil and the lightly beaten eggs.
- Stir until the eggs are firm but moist. Transfer the eggs from the skillet to a small bowl and break them into small curds.
- Set aside. Bring 1 quart of water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add the carrot and boil 1 minute. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Drain again and reserve. Place a wok over medium-high heat. When it begins to smoke, add the remaining 1/4 cup of peanut oil and the garlic. Stir briefly.
- Add the carrots, celery, red pepper, and peas.
- Stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in the rice and stir-fry 1 minute. Pour in the sauce and cook until the rice is heated through, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot.
This was very tasty and I will be making this again. I agree that the directions were a bit hard to decipher, but through other reviews, I was able to figure it out. I did not have peanut oil on hand, so I used olive oil as an alternative and the veggies I used were carrot, celery, brocoli and onion. All of the family enjoyed this very much. Thanks!
Rice was okay, but instructions were very poor. Sorry.
Great fried rice, we enjoyed it very much! i would like to give it the 5 it deserves but I don't feel I can because just as i was puting it on the table i noticed the eggs on the counter, "set aside". The recipe does not mention what to do with them after setting aside. I added them at the last minute to the serving bowl. I will be making it again, we loved it, thanks for posting it!