Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dip goes very well on a vegetable platter filled with cauliflower and broccoli florets, green and red pepper sticks, celery sticks and sliced radishes. You can also use this dip for vegetarian burgers, as well as vegetarian and meat falafels. There is no cooking time involved, but it is best to refrigerate the dip so that the flavours of the ingredients have time to fuse together
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot (about 2 large)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or more)
- Add ingredients in a medium sized bowl, and mix well.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Serve when ready.
I'm sorry, I just personally did not enjoy this dip. I loved the idea of adding shredded carrot and cherry tomatoes to a dip. However, I think it was the large amount of lemon zest that turned me off. I really found it overpowering and just too strong, which didn't fit for me in a veg dip. Sorry! I'm sure other's will enjoy it. Good luck in RSC #10!
I made a half batch of this recipe. The flavour was lovely, but for some reason my end result was runny. It was more of a sauce than a dip. I can imagine it poured over potato wedges or used as a tangy salad dressing. Didn't know whether to use fresh or pickled jalapenos -- I used pickled. I don't think the salt and pepper are essential, so I would say 'add to taste' for both. Thanks for an interesting recipe.