Recipe by Tish
These are comforting and homey. They can be served as a first course, light luncheon, or supper entrée. Savory, studded with your choice of veggies and cheese.
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked vegetables (grated zucchini, corn, broccoli, spinach or chard, mushrooms, etc)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese (swiss, cheddar, smoked gouda, or blue cheese)
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat 8 individual ramekins or a 1 1/2 quart soufflé dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the soup, eggs, nutmeg and pepper.
- Fold in the vegetables and cheese Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekins or dish and set the ramekins or dish in a larger pan filled with boiling water that comes halfway up the sides Bake the custard until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes for the large custard and 20-25 minutes for the smaller ones.
- Let the custard cool for 5 minutes before serving it.