Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe from the Young Times magazine dated October 18th'2005. The cooking time stated here is the refrigeration time. Enjoy :-)
- 2 medium carrots, finger-sized pieces
- 1 medium white radish, finger-sized pieces
- 2 medium cucumbers, finger-sized pieces
- 4 red radishes, quartered
- 8 -10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 -10 leaves iceberg lettuce, washed and torn
- 10 -12 fresh mint leaves, washed and torn (for garnishing)
- 8 mint leaves, chopped
- 4 cups low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, slightly toasted
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Firstly, soak the lettuce leaves in a bowl of chilled water.
- Now prepare the dressing as follows.
- Hang the yogurt in a muslin cloth to remove excess water.
- Combine the yogurt with the chopped mint leaves, salt to taste, lemon juice, sesame seeds and garlic in a bowl.
- Toss thoroughly and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, drain the lettuce leaves and spread on a serving plate.
- Arrange the vegetables on the lettuce leaves.
- Serve with the chilled dressing.
Used roasted garlic in the dip and served it in a halved red bell pepper. I skipped the mint and used basil.