Prep 5 mins
Cook 17 mins
We enjoy vegetarian chilli and this looks likes a quick and easy recipe. It is low fat and full of veggies and beans that are great for you. I originally found this recipe in BBC Easy Cook magazine. The recipe says that it is suitable for freezing.
- Fry the garlic and chilli in the oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the cumin and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, kidney beans and water, then stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans and cook for 5 minutes more, until the veg is tender and the sauce is thickened.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream if you wish and some crusty bread.