Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried this yet but it sounds good. I got it from the Fat Free Recipe web site.
- 1 (16 ounce) package French bread dough
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups vegetables, chopped (i.e. mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free parmesan cheese
- Saute onions and mushrooms in a bit of water until soft, adding other veggies and cooking until relatively soft.
- Unroll package of fresh bread dough and spread veggies evenly over all.
- Top with Parmesan.
- Roll up carefully and place seam-side down on cooking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, until top is lightly browned.
- If top gets too brown, cover with aluminum foil for balance of baking time.
This was a very good and easy-to-make bread. The next time I make it I will probably add some herbs to the vegetable filling. I served this with soup and we really enjoyed it!
This is terrific. Instead of purchased dough I used Pizza Crust (All-Purpose Flour or Spelt Flour) to make the bread and 2 cups of frozen stir fry veggies (I think some more veggies wouldn't hurt). As I used this as a dinner dish I made a mushroom Parm and parsley sauce to top it with. It is absolutely yummy and so easy to make that it's a keeper for sure!