Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A hearty, good-tasting soup. Fresh vegetables stay crispy in the crock pot. Easy enough for a weekday meal.
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 12 cups water
- 4 tablespoons vegetable stock base
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 cups green beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups white shoepeg corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- In a crockpot, place 9 cups water and vegetable base. Stir until dissolved. Turn the crockpot on high. Remove 1/4 cup of the broth.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, place 1/4 cup broth and turn on high until it boils. Add the fresh vegetables, cooking until wilted, about 5 minutes. When wilted, but not soft, add to the broth in the crockpot.
- Saute the garlic in a skillet. Coat the meat in a flour, garlic salt, pepper, seasoned salt mixture. Add the meat mixture to the saute. Cook until browned. Add to the crockpot soup base.
- Continue to cook on high for 6-8 hours. Serve hot.