Recipe by silly sally
Pureed cottage cheese and low-fat milk make a nutritious stand-in for the heavy cream usually called for in alfredo sauce. This taste is exquisite, and is also a wonderful dish for those of us who want a meatless meal.
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fettuccine or 8 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender container, combine cottage cheese and milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- In a 2-qt saucepan melt margarine on medium heat.
- Cook red pepper and garlic till barely tender.
- Reduce heat.
- Add milk mixture, peas, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir till heated through but DO NOT boil.
- Toss with hot pasta.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil.