A great Aussie favourite which incorporates the best Aussie fav....VEGEMITE. I got this recipe from another Aussie Icon.... the A.B.C. You will only need 2/3 stubby, what you do with the rest is up to you!
- Sieve the flour, salt, baking powder and bicarb into a bowl. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Dissolve the Vegemite in the milk in a saucepan over a low heat - or this can be mixed in the microwave-.
- Stir the dissolved Vegemite/milk mixture and some of the beer into the mixture until a pliable dough is formed. Turn out onto a floured surface and roll into a round shape.
- Place on a greased oven tray, moisten the top with water and sprinkle with grated cheese if you wish.
- Using a knife, score lines about 1cm deep on top of damper to divide into 6.
- Bake in a hot oven for 25-30 minutes.