Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Re-worked & Veganized old blueberry muffin recipe, my husband loves them!!! Great for breakfasts!!!
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute, powder (Bob's Red Mill kind is best)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (cut so small a toddler could eat them)
- ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat soy milk, lemon juice, applesauce, water and egg replacer until well mixed, set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well-mixed.
- Mix the two bowls together until moist.
- Add Strawberries and mix well.
- Divide batter even in muffin sheet.
- Add Ground CInnamon to tops of the muffins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool down and enjoy or cover with tin foil and serve later.
These are fantastic muffins. My other half loves these, we finished off the whole batch in one breakfast! Just be sure to keep an eye on the strawberries; only use the firmest of yours to ensure as little extra moisture as possible. Also, to cut down on fat, use applesauce instead of the oil (it's a 1-to-1 ratio) and use egg substitute for the egg to eliminate cholesterol. Thanks, grb!