Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh jalapeno, julienned
- 1⁄2 avocado, cut into thin strips
- 3 sprigs cilantro
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1 sheet nori (dried seaweed)
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger, cut into small strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- rice vinegar (optional)
- CUT the nori with scissors into 1" wide strips and then cut them in half so you have a bunch of 1"x4" strips. Keep them dry until you're ready to use them.
- Place one (shiny side down) on a dry surface and place a piece of bell pepper across it near the bottom so it forms an upside-down crucifix (this is not an antichrist meal, it just works best like this)then pile on the avocado, sun-dried tomato, pickled ginger, or what-have-you in the same fashion. Stick a SMALL chunk of jalepeno in there somewhere. Place a small sprig of cilantro (this is VERY important) so that it may stick out once it's rolled up.
- Now just tightly roll it up away from you and seal it with a nama shoyu moistened finger and place on a platter seam down.