My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups apple juice
- 3 tablespoons agar-agar flakes
- 24 ounces extra-firm silken tofu (2 packages)
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil (mild)
- 1 1/2 cups soymilk or 1 1/2 cups rice milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup brown rice syrup or 1 cup maple syrup, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen sliced
- 1In a small saucepan, place the apple juice and agar-agar flakes, and simmer for 5 minutes to thoroughly dissolve the agar-agar flakes.
- 2In a food processor, process the tofu and vegetable oil for 2 minutes to form a smooth puree.
- 3Add the dissolved agar-agar, soy milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt, and process for 1-2 minutes or until very smooth and creamy.
- 4Taste and add additional sweetener or vanilla, if desired.
- 5Add the strawberries and pulse the food processor 3 times.
- 6Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- 7(Or, if you don't have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a large shallow pan, and place it in the freezer. Stir the mixture every hour or so to give it a smooth texture. When completely frozen, remove it from the freezer, and allow it to sit at room temperature).
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (2012 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1304.6
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1208.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 206.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 183.8 g
- Protein 45.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: