Recipe by the80srule
I love Nutella but figured I could make my own spread-- and decided to replace the milk with pumpkin! Don't spice it too hard though-- just a shake or two of pumpkin pie spice will do it. Dark chocolate chips are usually vegan, plus they give a richer flavor and go better with the pumpkin. Make sure your food processor blade is really sharp or else the hazelnuts will be too grainy. (1 SERVING = 1 TABLESPOON)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 dash pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse all of the ingredients except the oil in a food processor until finely blended.
- Add the oil, about 1-2 tablespoons, until the mixture smooths over.
- Place in a jar and refridgerate, will keep for about 2 weeks. Like storebought hazelnut spread, oil separation will be natural and you'll have to stir it a bit before using.