It can be tough to find a dish that will satisfy both a vegetarian and the meat eaters in our family without having to make two seperate meals. When zucchini, is abundant this is a great way to make everyone happy (when served with grilled chicken for those who want it). Drizzle with your favorite teriyaki sauce. This makes enough for four as a main dish or eight as a side
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and juliened
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (sub cooked brown or white rice if desired)
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced on the bias
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and hollow out centers. Place in an oblong baking dish.
- 3Heat oils in a large pan over medium heat.
- 4Add onion, bell pepper, carrots, mushrooms and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and vegetables are tender, 5-8 minutes.
- 5Add garlic, ginger and sambal and cook 1 minute more.
- 6Stir cornstarch and sake together in a small bowl until cornstarch is dissolved. Add cornstarch mixture and soy sauce to pan and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 7Stir in quinoa and green onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Spoon mixture into zucchini halves.
- 9Bake 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Oriental Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.7
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1099.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: