Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies have a chocolatey taste, and are rich in fiber. They are quite moist and very filling. These cookies have a subtle sweetness to them, making them sweet, yet not too sweet.
- 1 cup whole grain wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons carob powder
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- On a greased cookie sheet, place balls of dough spaced about 2" apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then check on them. How long they take to bake will depend on your oven as well as how large you made each cookie. Mine usually take between 10 and tweleve minutes to bake.
I just made these cookies, I had to use raw milk instead of soy milk so I also added a full teaspoon of vanilla and 2 tbl of carob powder. The last batch is in the oven as I type. They are very very good. Nice texture and I love the flavor. So easy to make! Thanks for sharing this recipe Beverly P
The cookies came out amazingly moist. They are delicious!! Will make again.
I don't like carob, but these cookies are VERY good! They don't have a strong carob flavor, and they're not too sweet. I didn't have vanilla-flavored milk, so I used 1 TBSP instead of 1/2. Great with or without nuts. I added cinnamon chips and they were FANTASTIC!