1/2 Photos of Vegan Gingerbread Cut-Out Cookies
This egg-free and dairy-free recipe for a chewy gingerbread cookie is from Sarah Kramer's cookbook, "La Dolce Vegan!" (2005) and reprinted in today's local paper. For vegan frosting, use five parts icing sugar to one part water, blending until thick. or you can use chocolate peanut butter spread. Dough must chill for 2-4 hours. (While baking the first batch, return the dough to the fridge to chill it so dough doesn't stick to the rolling pin. Allow cookie sheet to cool before reusing.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt. Set aside.
- 2In large bowl, cream shortening and sugar with fork. Stir in molasses, hot water and vanilla with large spoon. Stir in flour mixture until smooth, 1 minute.
- 3Cover dough. Chill 2 to 4 hours.
- 4On lightly floured surface, roll out dough. Cut out shapes. Bake on cookie sheet in 400F oven 8 to 10 minutes, depending on size. Cool on sheet. Decorate as you like.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Gingerbread Cut-Out Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 67.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 0.8 g