Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
All the yum of a sugar cookie without all the work!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup vegan butter, softened (I use Earth Balance)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg substitute (I use En-R-G)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegan sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk (or other nondairy milk except rice milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 drops food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease or spray a 9x13 casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add egg replacer and combine well.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix until completely blended.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Gently press the dough into the greased baking dish and spread out with hands.
- Bake 17-20 minutes, or until edges become lightly golden.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, powdered sugar, and milk until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla and salt, combine well.
- Add food coloring until desired color.
- Frost your cooled cookie bars evenly.
- Cut into squares and serve.