Recipe by Elana's Pantry
This gluten free, dairy free (egg free) eggnog is not too challenging to make and full of filling rich yumminess. http://www.elanaspantry.com/vegan-eggnog/
- 3 cups almonds
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons yacon syrup
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 pinch clove, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak almonds overnight.
- Discard soaking water and rinse almonds in a deep bowl of water, repeat until water is clear.
- Place soaked almonds and 4 cups of water in a vita-mix.
- Blend on highest speed for 90 seconds.
- Strain milk through a fine mesh paint bag, discarding solids.
- Place almond milk in a half gallon mason jar.
- Add agave, yacón, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves, then shake well.
- Refrigerate until cold and serve.