Recipe by XxXxkittykat
These are great doughnuts dipped in a sugar glaze or rolled in cinnamon and sugar.
Top Review by Felix in New Zealand
These were great. I reduced the rice milk by about 1/4c to make it a soft dough and cut them out and deep fryed them. I used the middle cutouts to check the oil was at the right temp to cook all the way through without burning. After draining I shook them in a bag of sugar cinnamon mixture.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup vegan sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- mix flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- add egg replacer + water (mixed together before adding), rice milk, oil, and vanilla, mix vigorously until well blended.
- pour batter into a doughnut pan (i'm sure the mixture can somehow be rolled out if you don't have a doughnut pan -- i'm sure a muffin pan might do too).
- put in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until done.
- dip into a mixed sugar glaze (powdered sugar and water) or roll in a bag filled with cinnamon and sugar.
- eat away!