Recipe by tildeWonder
A hearty delicious creamy broccoli soup that doesn't taste healthy, even though it is, and is great to serve to suspicious omnis. It's my father's favorite soup and he's a die hard omni.
Top Review by Laurenhanna
I've made it twice now (for my conivorous family) and we have all loved it both times - i do however end up adding fresh basil and i use veggie stock instead of water and veggie boullion, so maybe thats where i am getting off on the flavor alittle. Great recipe though thanks for posting, will definately be making agian!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 lb firm tofu
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 lb broccoli, chopped
- 1 medium russet potato, baked and peeled
- 1 teaspoon vegetables, boullion
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot sautee onions, celery, and a pinch of salt until browned.
- Add in garlic and sautee 30 seconds.
- Add mixture to your blender with 1 cup of water and the tofu. Puree until completely smooth.
- In the same pot, bring 1.5 cups of water to a boil. Stir in bullion, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add in broccoli and cover the pot. Steam the broccoli until tender.
- Mash the peeled baked potato and stir it into the broccoli.
- Stir in contents of the blender and bring to a simmer.
- Add about 1/3 of the soup back into the blender and puree for a good 30 seconds. Add it back to the pot and bring back to a simmer.
- If the soup is too thick, you can add some additional water. Season to taste. Chances are you'll need more salt. It serves 4 large bowls of soup.