Recipe by adams.wifey
This is an excellent sauce for pasta, over vegatables or to use as a hollandaise sauce. The brewer's yeast is optional - but it adds a "cheesy" flavor.
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons brewer's yeast
- 2 cups coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the minced garlic in the butter for about 2 minutes, or until it softens a bit.
- Add in the flour and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with fork or whisk - for one minute.
- Add in the brewer's yeast, stirring constantly until incorporated.
- Stir in coconut milk and lemon and heat over medium - stirring often until thickened.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.