- 2 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2-1 cup soymilk or 1⁄2-1 cup water or 1⁄2-1 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix your dry ingredients reserving about a third of the chocolate chips for topping.
- Then add the wet ones and stir well.
- Divide between 12 cake or muffin cases (in a muffin tin is best), topping with the remaining chips. Bake at 200C/400F for 15 to 20 minutes until well risen and browning.