Recipe by ThorsMom
This recipe is from a great book called Vegan Planet by Robin Robertson. I like the texture of the cookies much better that that of the standard egg and butter variety.
Top Review by Verduras!
These are great! To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect for the texture, but I think you're right -- I prefer this to the traditional cookie! Thaaaaaank you for posting this recipe! :)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil or 1⁄2 cup vegan butter
- 3 teaspoons egg substitute
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semisweet vegan chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare baking sheets.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the egg replacer with the warm water and add to brown sugar, maple syrup corn oil and vanilla and mix until blended.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add chocolate chips and mix.
- Drop with a spoon onto baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.