Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found my basis for this off invinciblemuffin.org but have altered it some.
- 2 containers plain tofutti vegan cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (i used bottled)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon extra firm tofu, drained
Graham cracker crust
- 6 graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons earth balance spread margarine
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix cream cheese up in blender/food processor til softening occurs.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, salt, water and tofu.
- Blend until it seems thouroughly processed.
- Put into your graham cracker crust; to make own just put crackers in a ziploc and crunch up with hand/fist/rolling pin.
- Then put crumbs in bowl with the Earth Balance spread (or your choice vegan butter) and then put in pie tin to spread around to make crust.
- Spin it around a bit to even out the wrinkles on the top.
- Don't know if that matters but works for me.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until top gets golden-brown skin, but be sure to check often.
- Cool to room temp and refrigerate.
- Can decorate with your choice of berries, whipped cream or whatever you like.
- WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS: 62 in its entirety, if you make 8 servings, I round it from 7.
- 6 to 8 points per serving.
This was delicious! I make it into a white chocolate blueberry cheesecake with the following changes: 1) didn't use any tofu (none on hand) 2) used a pre-made graham cracker pie crust 3) melted some dairy-free white chocolate chips in soy milk over low heat for about a minute or two, then mixed it in with the mix 4) made a blueberry syrup by thawing some frozen blueberries and mixing them over medium heat with sugar and a bit of cornstarch until thickened- I then mixed in this after putting the cheesecake filling into the crust (I made some swirls- sorry no camera to give you a picture!) Thanks!
i used a drop of vanilla soy milk and a drop of extract topped it off with a cherry,i didnt tell my mom tofu was in it she ate one up,'only thing is the cream cheese fake stuff is soo expensive i could by a cheesecake for that price lol ;) ***plus what u can do is use muffin pans cut them in individual ones then make them in that like i did-denise
I'm not sure where I went wrong with this one. Followed the recipe to the letter and when I attempted to bake it it simply bubbled up on top and never baked through. The inside remained completely raw even after 20 extra minutes in the oven. I was super excited to make this for Christmas and now I'm just super bummed.