Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found my basis for this off invinciblemuffin.org but have altered it some.
- 2 containers plain tofutti vegan cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (i used bottled)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon extra firm tofu, drained
Graham cracker crust
- 6 graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons earth balance spread margarine
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix cream cheese up in blender/food processor til softening occurs.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, salt, water and tofu.
- Blend until it seems thouroughly processed.
- Put into your graham cracker crust; to make own just put crackers in a ziploc and crunch up with hand/fist/rolling pin.
- Then put crumbs in bowl with the Earth Balance spread (or your choice vegan butter) and then put in pie tin to spread around to make crust.
- Spin it around a bit to even out the wrinkles on the top.
- Don't know if that matters but works for me.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until top gets golden-brown skin, but be sure to check often.
- Cool to room temp and refrigerate.
- Can decorate with your choice of berries, whipped cream or whatever you like.
- WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS: 62 in its entirety, if you make 8 servings, I round it from 7.
- 6 to 8 points per serving.
Like Katie P. I also let it stay in over an hour cuz the middle wouldn't set...it even got too brown and it was still liquid inside...i lowered the heat...still all liquid in middle after bubbling on top/browning. waste of time and ingredients. followed the recipe completely
This was delicious! I make it into a white chocolate blueberry cheesecake with the following changes: 1) didn't use any tofu (none on hand) 2) used a pre-made graham cracker pie crust 3) melted some dairy-free white chocolate chips in soy milk over low heat for about a minute or two, then mixed it in with the mix 4) made a blueberry syrup by thawing some frozen blueberries and mixing them over medium heat with sugar and a bit of cornstarch until thickened- I then mixed in this after putting the cheesecake filling into the crust (I made some swirls- sorry no camera to give you a picture!) Thanks!
i used a drop of vanilla soy milk and a drop of extract topped it off with a cherry,i didnt tell my mom tofu was in it she ate one up,'only thing is the cream cheese fake stuff is soo expensive i could by a cheesecake for that price lol ;) ***plus what u can do is use muffin pans cut them in individual ones then make them in that like i did-denise