1 hr 30 mins
Vegan Courtney's Note:
I decided I wanted to come up with my own Thai-inspired recipe, and I did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crepes
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups warm water
For the filling
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk (with 1/4 cup set aside for the sauce)
- 2 -3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and cubed
- 1/4 cup basil, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon unbleached cane sugar
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger, reduction (boil some ginger in water for awhile)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1First, we get the crepes started.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together the flours and the salt. Add the oil and water and mix together.
- 3Pour this into the blender and blend until thoroughly combined. Let the batter sit for at least 20 minutes.
- 4While the batter is sitting, we make the filling.
- 5In a sauce pan, bring the coconut milk to a boil. Let it do its thing until it smells very coconutty, about 3 minutes.
- 6Add the curry paste and stir constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- 7Add the water, butternut squash, basil, salt, and sugar and bring back to a boil. Turn down to a gentle boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- 8Add the red pepper and cook for 10 minutes more. The squash should be a bit mushy at this point. The curry will have turned golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 9Back to the crepes!
- 10Heat a 6-7 inch crepe pan (a small nonstick pan is perfect for this) over medium heat and oil with a paper towel dipped in olive oil.
- 11Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and swirl to coat pan. Cook until large bubbles begin to rise in the middle (less than a minute). Use a spatula to ease the crepe off the pan, flip, and cook for about 30 seconds more. Flip onto a plate.
- 12Oil the pan and repeat until the batter is gone (makes 12+ crepes for us). You'll get the hang of it.
- 13Onto the sauce:.
- 14Combine the sauce ingredients in a pot over high heat. Whisk together with a fork or whisk until just warmed.
- 15Now, fill the crepes with 2-3 spoonfuls of the filling. Sprinkle on coconut flakes and roll up the crepe. Get 2-3 on a plate, then spoon 2-3 tablespoons of sauce over them. Sprinkle on crushed peanuts and coconut flakes. Arrange the basil leaves and hearts however you desire.
- 16Voila! Butternut squash Thai curry crepes with coconut-ginger-peanut sauce. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Butternut Squash Thai Curry Crepes With Coconut-Ginger-Pea
Serving Size: 1 (619 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1305.4
- Calories from Fat 502
- Total Fat 55.8 g
- Saturated Fat 34.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1731.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 188.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 103.8 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste