1/1 Photo of Vegan Brownies
My sister used to bake these every day to sell at a cafe at school. I often bring these to vegetarian/vegan potlucks because they are quick and everyone seems to really like them. Please note - these are pretty good, but the other vegan brownie recipe I have posted (Rich, Fudgy Vegan Brownies) is way better!! (I think).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook water and 1/2 cup of the flour over low heat, stirring constantly, until it reaches the consistency of a gluey paste (yum).
- 2Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- 3Mix sugar, salt, vanilla, cocoa powder and vegetable oil, and then add the flour-water mixture.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of flour, plus the baking powder and nuts/chocolate chips.
- 6Spread mixture into a greased 11x7-inch pan.
- 7Bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes, or until knife inserted into center of pan comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.6
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 216.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 34.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g