Vegetable (Quinoa) Burgers
photo by Chicagoland Chef du
- Ready In:
- 1 zucchini, peeled sliced thickly lengthwise
- 1 squash, peeled if necessary, sliced, I did not use
- 1 red bell pepper, remove seeds & slice lengthwise into 6 strips, can substitute bottled roasted peppers
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 large portobello mushroom cap, substitute several small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for brushing vegetables, more for cooking the burgers
- 1 cup quinoa, raw
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 bunch parsley, stems removed, chopped, approx. 1 Cup loosely packed
- 5 -10 garlic cloves, minced, more or 5 -10 less depending on size cloves, I used 5
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, plain
- 1 cup oats, several quick pulses in a food processor
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste, I used 1 1/2 teaspoons
- pepper, to taste, I used generous dusting
- Peel and slice vegetables. Brush lightly with olive oil for grilling. Grill until tender and caramelized. Cool down and rough to medium chop.
- Recipe #16399 is suggested before boiling your quinoa.
- In the mean time, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Cook quinoa for 7 minutes. Drain all excess water and cool. NOTE: you are not to fully cook the quinoa. 7 minutes is the suggested time and what I used. It give the burgers a great texture.
- Combine all ingredients. If mix is too wet, add more oats.
- Form patties. I used a patty press. Cook in a lightly oiled nonstick pan.
- Serve with your favorite condiments on a toasted bun.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi there! Originally CHICAGOLAND CHEF DU JOUR, I like to think of myself as a fantastic home cook with a flair for the gourmet. I have gotten & shared many recipes since I became a member in 2007. Although I have not been active in a few years, I still return to look for recipes from some of my fave chefs. Thanks to all you have helped me over the years and thanks a bunch to any and all reviews.