Zeke Koch's Note:
When it's raining outside and you're hankering for some soul food whip up some vegan biscuits and gravy for your loved one(s) and spend the rest of the morning working them off in bed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3Mix together liquid ingredients into a small bowl.
- 4Cut margarine into pea sized pieces (in the flour).
- 5Don't cut too small.
- 6Add liquid ingredients and mix with a fork until it just starts to come together.
- 7Push into a ball, knead just once or twice and roll out to 1/2 thick slab.
- 8Cut into circles or squares, place on cookie sheet and bake at 450 for 10-15 minutes.
- 9Now, on to the gravy.
- 10Mix together 3/4 cup liquid, flour, salt, pepper and thyme (if you're using it) into a bottle and shake vigorously.
- 11Heat margarine in pan and whisk in flour/stock mix.
- 12Once it's incorportated add the rest of the liquid and stir over a low heat until it's set.
- 13Pour over the piping hot biscuits and watch for the smiles.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Biscuits and Gravy for Lovers
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.7
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 979.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: