Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
I adapted this recipe from the Carrot Bread recipe on Bestcarrotrecipe.com It is only lightly sweet which makes it perfect as a breakfast bread. It's great as is, or toasted.
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup agave syrup
- 2⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup carrot puree (about 5 medium carrots, or carrot baby food works too)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x3 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- If you are using fresh carrots, make the puree by cooking the carrots until soft and then blending. I used 5 medium carrots.
- Combine all the dry ingredients EXCEPT egg substitute in a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl combine the egg substitute and water whisking until completely mixed. Add in all the remaining wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake 50 to 55 minutes.