Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my version of African-Spiced Broccoli-And-Cauliflower Salad - it is very yummy and you'd never know it is a vegan dish.
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup okra, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pea pods, halved
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy yogurt (plain)
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (I use sugar free)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower in microwave until crisp tender (I prefer my veggies on the soft side and usually cook them for 5 minutes).
- Combine all dressing ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Place salad ingredients and dressing in large bowl and toss to coat.