This is the meal my husband always chooses when told I will cook ANYTHING he wants!
Make and share this Veal Saltimbocca recipe from Food.com.
- 9 ounces veal, scallops (6 pieces)
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 pieces prosciutto, sliced paper thin
- 6 pieces Fontina cheese, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- lemon wedge
- Place 1 veal scallop between sheets of waxed paper. Flatten to thickness of 1/8-inch using mallet or rolling pin. Repeat with remaining veal.
- Season veal with sage and pepper.
- Dredge veal in flour; shake off excess.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add veal and cook until golden 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Top each veal slice with a slice pf prosciutto and fontina. Cover the pan briefly for the prosciutto to heat through and the fontina to melt.
- Transfer veal to platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Pour off fat from skillet and discard.
- Add wine to skillet and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Boil until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk in 6 tablespoons chilled butter 1 tablespoon at a time. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over veal.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.