Recipe by Jane Gib
This is called rollitos and is a casserole normally eaten in winter. It is like little swiss rolls of veal with stuffing
- 1 lb veal, thinly sliced (or 2 slices per person)
- 2 slices bacon, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 2 onions, chopped but separated (1 used for stuffing and the other for sauce)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped and separated (2 for stuffing 2 for sauce)
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 1 beaten egg
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 pint chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the cheese, 1 onion, 2 cloves garlic, chopped bacon,beaten egg, salt and pepper.
- Place a spoonful on the slices of veal, and roll up, securing with cocktail sticks.
- set aside.
- gently fry the other onion, garlic and tomatoes, add salt and pepper and the stock.
- Place on a casserole dish, add the cubed potatoes and the rollitos.
- Cover and bake in a medium oven for about 1 hour, or until veal is cooked.
- sprinkle the parsley and serve.