Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easily prepared yet extremely fine dinner recipe. The flambe presentation makes a lasting impression on your guests. This is my version of a recipe appearing in "The Art of Romance Cooking." It's perfect for Valentines Day or an Anniversary dinner!
- 12 veal medallions, pounded thin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 ounce butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 medium lemon, squeeze for juice
- 1⁄3 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- Place the veal medallions between two sheets of heavy plastic wrap and flatten to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use a rolling pin or a heavy "pounder.".
- Coat veal lightly with Parmesan cheese.
- Remove veal and place on a plate.
- Place a flambe pan on the burner and add butter.
- When butter melts, saute veal medallions and brown lightly on both sides.
- Squeeze the lemon juice through a clean white napkin, over the veal.
- Add Marsala, ignite and cook for 1 minute, turning veal several times to mix the sauce thoroughly.
- Your guests will enjoy watching this step.
- Arrange 4 veal medallions on each serving plate.
- Cover with sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
- Note: Prearrange your favorite starch and vegetables on dinner table, family style, before "putting on the show.".
- Serve with a good Cabernet Sauvignon such as 2004 Clos du Val (Napa Valley) or 2003 Forman Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley).