Recipe by Ninna
This recipe came from an Aussie magazine some years back. I hope you try it and enjoy it along with the Broccoli & Cauliflower Salad (also in my recipes) that accompanies it so well.
- 1 leek, halved lengthwise and crosswise
- 4 (150 g) veal schnitzels
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 25 g shaved provolone cheese
- plain flour, seasoned to taste (all purpose)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 60 ml dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 40 g butter, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch leek in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes or until tender, then drain on absorbent paper.
- Place veal schnitzels on a work surface and flatten with a meat mallet until thin.
- Cover half of each schnitzel with leek, top leek with a slice of prosciutto and some provolone, fold other half of schnitzel over filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Toss veal parcels in seasoned flour and shake away excess.
- Heal olive oil in pan and cook veal parcels in batches, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Remove veal parcels from pan and rest in a warm place.
- Add white wine and chicken stock to pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 1-2 minutes, then gradually add butter, whisking well, return veal to pan and turn to coat in sauce.
- Serve veal drizzled with sauce and with Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad (see my recipes).