Recipe by basia1
I love mandabears Thai Chicken ( #36010 ), but never seem to have everything to make it. Tonight, I totally changed it, based on what I had onhand and based on the peanut sauce that is part of mandabear's recipe. I hope you like it as much as we did.
- 1 cup tomato sauce (I use homemade, but any will do.)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 ounces cooked noodles (I used brown rice udon)
- 3 chicken cutlets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in water without salt.
- Cook chicken in the olive oil.
- When complete, put to side while making the sauce.
- When cool enough to slice, slice.
- In a small saucepan, place the peanut butter, tomato sauce, molasses, soy, ginger, hot sauce, and chili sauce.
- Stir until combined on low.
- This will take about 5- 10 minutes.
- I like to stir a lot in the first few minutes, and then once combined, but not yet warm, very frequently.
- In a wok, place the sesame oil, cooked noodles, cooked chicken (sliced) and the sauce.
- Toss until mixed well and warmed throughout.
- Serve immediately.