Recipe by Coasty
The original recipe calls for fresh grated coconut. Not sure how it would turn out with shredded/desicated coconut. Posted for ZWT 7 and sourced from http://www.vanuatuchefs.com/recipes.html
- 4 cups coconut, fresh & grated
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 2 cups self raising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer whisk sugar and butter until light and creamy.
- Then add the eggs one by one into the butter and sugar mix making sure that you mix the eggs through thoroughly.
- Using a metal spoon mix the flour and grated coconut into the above mixture.
- Butter and flour a round or square 20cm baking tin and pour mixture into it and then place oven.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.