1/3 Photos of Vanilla Powder
Catfish Charlie's Note:
Useful when a vanilla flavor is desired but liquid flavoring can not be used or is not desireable. The powder is off-white and has the consistency of confectioner's sugar, with small brown-black flecks of vanilla. Great for sprinkling on desserts, drinks, and much more or for making pre-mixed baking mixes for cookies, cakes, and so forth. Also great for homemade vanilla ice cream because it adds little vanilla specks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the vanilla bean into 1 to 2 inch segments.
- 2Put the pieces into a spice/coffee grinder and grind into small pieces, about 1 minute.
- 3Add the sugar and corn starch and blend for an additional 2 minutes until the sugar is a fine powder.
- 4Sift the powder through a fine screen to remove any pieces of vanilla bean which were not sufficiently milled.
- 5Store in an airtight container. The powder should be stored for at least 2 weeks before using.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Powder
Serving Size: 1 (6 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 26.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: