Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are supereasy and delicious. One enormous advantage with this recipe is (in my opinion) that the egg whites do not have to be beaten, so a batch can be whipped up, literally, in under 30 minutes.
- 5 cups flaked coconut (that's one large bag)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites (use 4 if the mix seems a little dry)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients together, using your hands, if necessary, to get it all blended nicely.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place 1 inch diameter mounds on sheets, 1 inch apart. A small ice cream scoop works well.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until just beginning to turn golden.
- These were a bit tricky to get off the parchment paper, so immediately after taking them out of the oven, lift one corner of the parchment paper and let a few drops of water run under it (use a little cup or just put it under a slow running faucet), turning the cookie sheet to distribute evenly, pour off any excess. Remove macaroons immediately. This helps loosen the bottoms.