Recipe by dojemi
These are supereasy and delicious. One enormous advantage with this recipe is (in my opinion) that the egg whites do not have to be beaten, so a batch can be whipped up, literally, in under 30 minutes.
- 5 cups flaked coconut (that's one large bag)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites (use 4 if the mix seems a little dry)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together, using your hands, if necessary, to get it all blended nicely.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place 1 inch diameter mounds on sheets, 1 inch apart. A small ice cream scoop works well.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until just beginning to turn golden.
- These were a bit tricky to get off the parchment paper, so immediately after taking them out of the oven, lift one corner of the parchment paper and let a few drops of water run under it (use a little cup or just put it under a slow running faucet), turning the cookie sheet to distribute evenly, pour off any excess. Remove macaroons immediately. This helps loosen the bottoms.