Recipe by Mortadella1985
i put together a few shortbread recipes and came up with this one. These cookies are fantastic! I've used the recipe for a lemon tart crust also. This is the best shortbread recipes ive ever made,i wont make another one again. This makes approximately 24 cookies depending on the size you make them. mine were about 2-3 inches round.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fehrenheit.
- with an electric beater/mixer cream together butter and sugar a few minutes until light and fluffy.
- add the salt,cornstarch and vanilla exctract.
- next add the coconut and flour.
- take beaters out and kneed with your hand until the dough comes together.
- Because of the coconut this dough is kinda hard to roll out.I suggest rolling the dough into about 24-30 individual balls and pressing down slightly on them with a cup.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until the bottoms turn a very light golden brown.
- If the cookie is still soft when you poke it ,this is okay it will firm up completely when cooled.