Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A vanilla flavored cinnamon roll with a yummy frosting.
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1/2 cup butter, eggs, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add pudding; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining floure to form a soft sough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into an 18 x 11 inch rectangle; brush with remaining butter. Comvine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into 16 slices. Place cut side down in two greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dishes. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350 forr 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cream and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Beat in confectioners' sugar with a hand mixer until creamy. Frost Rolls. Serve warm.