1/1 Photo of Vanilla/Chocolate Custard Filling for Cannoli
Chef #610952's Note:
Italian dessert filling for cannoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare basic cream puff recipe as above. Let cool.
- 2Heat milk in large heavy saucepan until bubbles appear around edge. Beat egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl with wire whisk or mixer until pale yellow and thick. Beat in flour until well mixed. Gradually beat in hot milk; pour all back into saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over moderately high heat until mixture thickens and comes to boiling, lower heat. Mixture will be lumpy in the beginning, but lumps disappear during cooking and stirring. Continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, over low heat, stirring constantly. Mixture will be quite thick.
- 3Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla. Place a piece of wax paper directly on surface of filling to prevent skin from forming.
- 4Chill at least 2 hours. If filling becomes too stiff after it's chilled, gradually stir in 2 to 4 tablespoons cream or milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 5To make chocolate filling following the directions for Vanilla Custard Filling, adding 1tbs + 1tsp chocolate coco powder stirring until combine. Continue with rest of recipe. Fill puffs just before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla/Chocolate Custard Filling for Cannoli
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.8
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 27.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g