Recipe by BecR
A rich sweet buttery sauce perfect for topping warm holiday desserts such as Christmas pudding, soft gingerbread or spicecake, or apple or mince pies and tarts!
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted (1 full box)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1⁄2 vanilla beans, split and scraped or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 5 -6 tablespoons brandy or 5 -6 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional, for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter until light and fluffy (I use a hand held mixer).
- Gradually blend in the powdered sugar; add vanilla and cream, beating well to combine.
- Beat in the rum, to taste.
- Transfer to a pretty glass serving bowl, dust with nutmeg.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate several hours or overnight, or may be packed into jars for holiday gift giving.
- Serve as a rich topping over warm holiday desserts such as Christmas pudding, soft gingerbread or spicecake, or apple or mince pies and tarts.
- Keeps for several weeks in the refrigerator.