Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from an old newspaper clipping by food writer L. Pappas, posted for safekeeping. I made it without the water bath; left cheesecake in turned off oven until oven completely cooled. A keeper! This is the source recipe for my Breakfast Cheesecake (South Beach Diet, Phase 1) “Breakfast Cheesecake” for South Beach Diet, also posted here.
- 1 pint low fat cottage cheese or 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 pint yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Blend all ingredients in blender just until smooth.
- Pour into lightly buttered 9” square pan.
- Place in pan of hot water and bake 40 min or til set.
- Let cool and chill.
- NOTE: The original recipe called for a 1-inch piece of vanilla bean, scraped. I substituted vanilla extract for the vanilla bean but kept "Vanllla Bean" in the recipe title.