1 hr 5 mins
Another great recipe from Rodelle Kitchen. This is a great fall recipe - it uses apples and heats up the kitchen in the morning!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Spread the cubed rolls on a large rimmed baking sheet and toast for about 15 minutes, stirring once or twice, until lightly golden and dry.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter; reserve 3 tablespoons of the melted butter in a small bowl.
- 4Add the apples and 1/4 cup of the sugar to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the apples are golden and softened, about 15 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon. Remove from the heat and add the brandy. Return the skillet to the heat and cook until the sauce is syrupy, about 1 minute.
- 5In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar.
- 6Add the 1 Vanilla Bean seeds into the custard. Add the cubed bread and apples and toss until evenly coated. Let stand for 5 minutes to allow the bread to absorb the custard.
- 7Brush an 8-by-11-inch baking dish with 1 tbsp of the reserved melted butter. Add the bread pudding and drizzle the remaining 2 tbsp of melted butter on top.
- 8Bake for about 50 minutes, until the custard is set and the top is golden. Let the bread pudding cool slightly. Serve with Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream or crème fraîche.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Bean Apple Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 805.6
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 124.8 mg
- Sodium 1012.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: